Sunday, April 25, 2010

I have heard a statistic that 7 creatures a day go extinct. That's a lot of "things" to never be seen again. So we have bumper sticker that "save the whales" and buttons for "save the elephants" Since we are continually fund raising I have been trying to think of a way to market a bumper sticker promoting... "make small rodents extinct" or "don't save large bugs". These are the 2 things in all of creation that I really hate and they both want to live with me. Please notice that I am NOT posting a picture that has anything to do with this promotion!!

Friday evening we decide to make pizza pockets to take on our picnic on Saturday. I opened that cupboard door to find ingredients and from behind was buzzed by a VERY large flying roach like thingy. It landed in the cupboard and as I screamed Lowell came running to my rescue. He started pulling out items to search for it. His plan was to chase it out of the kitchen and spray it with bug spray, so he opened the door below the sink to get spray and informed me I might want to leave the room. My mighty hunter found a long stick and "speared" a mouse. It was a very traumatic evening. We did get our food made and finally made it to bed. Sometime in the middle of the night I had to take care of one of my kids and then walked into the bathroom. Something ran across my foot!!! Now I am standing on the toilet yelling for Lowell, who says it is gone by now. I respond that I am not leaving the toilet perch until he turns on the light!!! Now Lance comes running to see what I am screaming about and as Lowell turns on the light a balloon goes rolling by..... I have never seen 2 grown men laugh so hard. I made Lance take my balloon mouse to his room and meekly returned to bed.... Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Too funny!! and well written! I could visualize the whole thing. Sorry girlie, but I think I'd have been laughing right along with Lowell and Lance. Maybe you should get yourself a good mouser to protect the inside of the house from rodents and pests. ♥ you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um... so almost a month later Lowell told me it was a rat, not a mouse. He can laugh all he wants because he is my hero!!

    ReplyDelete